Wrinkles can’t be avoided but they can definitely be delayed through proper skin care. Wrinkles first appear as fine lines when the outer layer of the skin stops retaining moisture. This also effects the inner layer over time due to which its collagen and elastic composition starts breaking.
Finally, when the deeper layer of the skin lose elasticity , they start sagging. The biggest culprit causing wrinkles is the sun damage followed by smoking and pollution.
Do not use refined foods such as refined rice, refined oil, refined sugar which spikes your insulin level. Eat foods with low glycemic index such as oats, brown rice , brown bread. Glycemic index is the rate at which the insulin level spikes up.
Let’s look at a few home remedies that will help you repair skin’s collagen, supplement vitamin E needs, restore moisture and control other factors resulting into early wrinkles:
- Take 1 tbsp of honey, add 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- Mix this well.
- Eat this once daily.
The anti-oxidant properties in ginger prevents the breakdown of elastin and keeps the elasticity of the skin intact.
- Take half a cup of raw milk, add 8-10 almonds, let it soak overnight.
- Remove the almonds next morning and peel the skin off.
- Now crush these almonds to make a thick paste.
- Apply this on your face. Wash it off after 15-20 mins with luke warm water.
Almond oil is enriched with vitamin E which is essential for healthy skin. It helps prevent wrinkles and also delays the aging process of the skin.
- Massage your face with 1 tsp of aloe vera gel before bed.
The malic acid in aloe vera helps to reduce wrinkles and improves the elasticity of the facial skin.
- Make sure to include vitamin rich foods like almonds, sunflower seeds, broccoli and pumpkin in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water and keep your skin hydrated.