Protective oil in the outermost layer of the skin helps to hold back the water in the skin. When this oil is lost due to cold/ hot weather, our skin starts to dry out and lose water from the skin. Moisturizers helps in preventing loss of water from the skin. Regular application of moisturizer also helps to improve the skin tone. A well moisturized skin looks beautiful, soft and radiant.
Skin can lose its moisture when exposed to extreme hot or cold weather condition. Dry air in AC can also lead to dry skin. Harsh soaps and frequent hot water bath can also scrape of the oils from the skin. Dry skin has an unslightly appearance, it looks wrinkled and fish net like cracks over it.
Do not worry, we will show you, how you can use some common ingredients from your kitchen to make some very effective natural skin moisturizers.
- Take 1/4th bowl of honey, add 4 tbsps of oat meal, add 2 tbsps of olive oil, mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the areas that requires moisturization.
- Leave it for 10 mins and then rinse it off with warm water.
Remedy 2 :
- Cut an avocado in 2 half pieces and grind it in to a paste.
- Take 1 tsp of crushed avocado & 1 tbsp of milk, add 1 tbsp of honey, mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on your skin.
- Leave it for 20 mins and then rinse it with warm water.
- Never thought of tea as a moisturizer, well trust me, it works wonders for your skin.
- Take 1 tbsp of black tea, add 1 tbsp of honey, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp of lemon juice, mix it well.
- Gently massage this mixture on specific areas of your skin. Leave it for 20 to 30 mins.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Always put on a moisturizer on the skin that is little damp. This will help the moisturizer to retain the water left on the damped skin.
- Avoid alcohol based soaps and perfumes that can damage your skin.
- You may insist to sprinkle rose water on your face at regular intervals during the day.
- Drink at-least 8-10 glasses of water everyday to keep your skin hydrated.