Excessive hair growth or hirsutism is a condition in which a women has excess hair on her upper lips, chin, chest, arms, lower-back and buttocks. This condition is a hormonal disorder caused due to higher than the normal levels of male hormones in females. These male hormones are called androgens. Although women do produce androgens, their level in a normal condition is very low. These hormonal imbalance may occur due to certain medical condition or may be due to hereditary. Polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS) is considered to be a common cause for this condition.
Presence of such unwanted hair can be embarrassing for a women. It is important to find out the exact cause before trying to get rid of the excessive hair growth. A lot of women opt for shaving or waxing to tackle this condition. Shaving such hair can make them thicker while waxing or plucking is a painful process.
We will suggest you some natural easy home remedies to get rid of this hair by using ingredients right in your kitchen. Let’s have a look:
Excessive hair growth Recipes:
We will show you how to make quick pack using turmeric and gram flour. This is an effective hair removal technique used by women’s since ages.
- Take a bowl, add 3 tbsps of gram flour also known as besan, add 3 tbsps of turmeric powder in it also known as Haldi.
- Add little water, mix this well to get a pack like consistency.
- Apply this pack on the affected area with the help of a soft brush.
- Keep it till it gets dry, once dry dip a cotton ball in luke warm water and wipe the pack out.
- You will find that along with the pack the strands of hair are also removed.
- Wash the area with soap and luke warm water, you can use this remedy once a week.
We will make an egg mask, this is similar to waxing but not that painful.
- Take the white of 1 egg in a bowl and 1 tsp of sugar, add half tsp of corn flour.
- Beat this to make a smooth paste
- Apply this on the affected portion with the help of a brush.
- Let it dry, once it dries , it will look like a thin mask covering the portion.
- Now pull it off firmly to remove the hair.
- Wash the area with luke warm water and an organic soap.
- You can apply this mask once a week or when required.
- Remember if these remedies do not help you, do consult a health care professional to find out the exact cause of excessive hair growth.
- As said earlier, you may have other underlined medical problem that is causing the excessive hair growth.
- Make sure to include organic fermented soy products in your daily diet as it helps keep the androgen levels in control.